WASHINGTON, October 23, 2018 -- November is the start of National Diabetes Awareness Month. Spreading awareness of this disease is important to do year-round because currently more than 100 million people are affected by diabetes, and this number continues to skyrocket. USA Medical offers assistance by providing discounts on medications prescribed for diabetes through its customized prescription savings programs in all 50 states including: Texas Prescription Assistance Program, Florida Prescription Assistance Program and California Prescription Assistance Program
USA Medical shares some of the most uncommon facts about diabetes to help spread awareness of this disease that affects 1 in 4 people in America today.
Type 2 diabetes has no symptoms.
- Factors like diet and a sedentary lifestyle can contribute to the development of diabetes.
Diabetes may lead to more serious issues.
- Untreated or mistreated diabetes may lead to life-altering conditions, like blindness.
95% of diabetic cases are type 2 diabetes.
- Unlike type 1, in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin, type 2 diabetes develops when the body struggles to process insulin. (Weight loss is recommended to help reverse the condition.)
USA Medical Co-Founder and President Jordan Sessler says, “Diabetes is a health condition that’s affecting millions of lives. Managing the symptoms can be difficult, but we’re here to help lessen the burden of your prescription costs with our free pharmacy discount card. No prescriptions are excluded from possible savings up to 75%, brand name or generic.”
The pre-activated card is accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies across the country—local, regional and national chains such as CVS, Costco, Target, Rite Aid, Walmart
and Walgreens. Eligible Rx’s include acarbose, glyburide, miglitol, and other medications prescribed for diabetes, as well as thousands of other popular prescriptions.
Go to prescriptionassistance.info to get a customized Pharmacy Discount Card for all 50 states including:
- Alabama Prescription Assistance Program
- North Carolina Prescription Assistance Program
- Georgia Prescription Assistance Program
- Pennsylvania Prescription Assistance Program
- Tennessee Prescription Assistance Program
- Virginia Prescription Assistance Program
About USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program
USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program is a division of USA Medical, which reaches out to individuals and seniors among the estimated 100+ million people in America with inadequate prescription coverage. The Company's mission is to help individuals save money on prescriptions they need. USA Medical has been given an "A+" rating by the Better Business Bureau.